Dashboard Update: 54 new positive COVID-19 cases, 457 cumulative

The university’s COVID-19 dashboard reported 54 new positive COVID-19 cases and 457 cumulative cases.

The update to the dashboard is reporting information up to Nov. 7. The dashboard is updated every Friday with data from the previous week.

Vanderburgh County reported 149 new positive cases on Thursday and over 4,000 new positive cases since the end of September according to Indiana’s COVID-19 dashboard.

The 54 positive cases at USI are the most in one week since the week of Sept. 26.

Of the 54 positive cases, 53 were students and 1 was an employee.

Any student that reports themselves as positive for COVID-19 , must isolate for 10 days. Students can isolate on campus or off campus.

Of the 53 students in isolation, 34 were isolating off-campus and 19 were isolating on campus.

The university’s dashboard tells students that have not tested positive for COVID-19 themselves but may have come into contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19.

There were 72 students in quarantine; 44 were on campus and 28 were off campus as of Nov. 6.

The dashboard now has a new section; a day by day breakdown of new positive cases. This new section is still updated at the same time as the rest of the dashboard.

Students, employees or visitors that test positive for the COVID-19, or have been exposed to someone who tested positive, are asked to fill out a self-report form.