University accumulates over 500 positive COVID-19 cases, 37 this week

Hayden Olberding, Digital Editor

Note: Data is current at the time of publication and is subject to change with further updates.

Last week the university accumulated over 500 positive COVID-19 cases.

The university’s COVID-19 dashboard was updated Friday with data from the week of Nov. 8 through Nov. 14.

This dashboard is updated every Friday with information from the previous week.

With the newest data, 502 students and faculty have tested positive for COVID-19 cases since Aug. 24.

This week, 37 students and 1 faculty tested positive for COVID-19. This is 28 new cases less than the 61 from the previous week.

This week is tied for the lowest new cases since the week of Sept. 27 where there were 38 new cases.

Students have quarantined less this week than any week since August 29. This week 54 students were in quarantine, 31 were on campus and 23 were off campus.

The week of labor day, Sept. 7 through Sept. 12, had the most students in quarantine the whole semester, with 158 students in quarantine.

Vanderburgh County reported 3,354 positive COVID-19 cases and 51 deaths since Oct. 20. Since the county began reporting data on March 11, 8,945 people have tested positive and 111 people have died from COVID-19 according to Indiana’s COVID-19 dashboard.

Students, employees or visitors that test positive for the COVID-19, or have been exposed to someone who tested positive, are asked to fill out a self-report form.