Fourth consecutive week of fewer new positive COVID-19 cases

Hayden Olberding, Digital Editor

The COVID-19 dashboard was updated Friday and showed lower numbers in all categories.
The university’s dashboard keeps track of the new positive COVID-19 cases, the number of students isolating and the number of students in quarantine. The dashboard is updated every Friday.
The cumulative number of positive cases at the university is 425 since May 4. Vanderburgh County had 5,496 positive cases since Aug. 10, according to the Indiana COVID-19 Data Report

There were 26 new positive cases the week of Oct. 31, down from 43 the previous week. This is consistent with the downward trend that started the week of Oct. 10.

This week there were 24 students isolating, 17 were isolating off-campus and seven were isolating on campus.
The number of students isolating is decreasing as well, this is the third consecutive week with reduced students in isolation.

There is a downward trend in students in quarantine as well. This week there were 43 students in quarantine. The number of students in quarantine has decreased each week since Oct. 3, when 124 students were in quarantine.
Students, employees or visitors that test positive for the virus, or have been exposed to someone who tested positive, are asked to fill out a self-report form.