Dashboard reports 19 new COVID-19 cases, 634 cumulative.

Hayden Olberding, Digital Editor

Note: Data is current at the time of publication and is subject to change with further updates.

The COVID-19 dashboard reported 19 new positive cases.

The university’s COVID-19 dashboard reported the new data from Nov. 29 through Dec. 5.

This new data shows an increase of cases from the prior week, which had 15 new cases, and a cumulative 634 cases since March.

This data shows 16 students tested positive and 3 employees tested positive. This week showed an increase in cases for the first time since the week of Nov. 1..

Of the 16 students isolating this week, 11 were isolating off-campus and 5 were isolating on campus.

Students have the option to isolate somewhere off-campus or in designated apartments set aside by university housing to house students that tested positive for COVID-19.

This week continues the decrease of students in quarantine. This week is the fourth consecutive week of less students in quarantine, which went down to 16.

The most students quarantined in one week was Sept. 6. It reported 158 students in quarantine, nearly 10 times the students quarantined this week.

In the last 30 days, since Nov. 10, Vanderburgh County reported 4,717 positive COVID-19 cases. It has a moving average of 156 positive cases per day. There have been 62 COVID-19 related deaths since Nov. 10, according to Indiana’s COVID-19 dashboard.

Students, employees or visitors that test positive for the COVID-19, or have been exposed to someone who tested positive, are asked to fill out a self-report form.