University COVID-19 dashboard reports 14 new cases, 613 total

Hayden Olberding, Digital Editor

Note: Data is current at the time of publication and is subject to change with further updates.

The university’s COVID-19 dashboard reported 14 new COVID-19 cases this week and has accumulated 613 total cases since March.

The university’s dashboard is updated every Friday with data about new cases and students in quarantine.

This week’s new data covers the span of Nov. 22 through Nov. 28. This is the week of Thanksgiving Break.

This week 10 students and four employees tested positive for COVID-19. The last time the dashboard reported numbers this low was before the university began classes this semester. The week of Aug. 22 reported a total of 11 positive COVID-19 cases.

According to the dashboard, no students were self-isolating on campus this week. The 10 students that were self-isolating this week were all off-campus.

This week 39 students were in quarantine. Of those students, 21 were off-campus and 18 were on campus.

This is the lowest number of students in quarantine since before classes began this semester as well; the week of Aug. 22 saw 22 students in quarantine.

Vanderburgh County did not record lows this week. According to Indiana’s COVID-19 dashboard, 30 days ago on Nov. 3, the average new cases per day was 91. On Dec. 4 there was an average of 164 new cases per day.

In the past month, Vanderburgh County reported 4,337 new positive COVID-19 cases and 56 COVID-19 related deaths.

Students, employees or visitors that test positive for the COVID-19, or have been exposed to someone who tested positive, are asked to fill out a self-report form.