Opinion: We’re almost done with this semester

Rhonda Wheeler, Lifestyle Editor

We’re almost done with the Fall Semester. 

We are almost done with our first full semester since COVID-19 hit. While last semester was full of surprises,this semester still proved to be a learning curve for everyone.

We have made it through online, hybrid and a whole new type of in-person classes. 

Take a moment and be proud of yourself. 

As we finish up the next couple of weeks and prepare to go home, remember that the school year isn’t done just yet. We still have to get through a week of online classes followed by a week of finals.

We are almost done, but we are not quite there yet.

Remember to stay focused while working from home.. If you are easily distracted, try to create your own workspace if possible.

If you can’t have an area where you can work alone, use headphones to block out the noise. I myself have to deal with constantly shouting siblings, barking dogs and meowing cats. But even though I live in a small house, I’m still able to put on my headphones and get some work done.

Be careful not to spend all your time at home working, though. When working from home, It can be hard to find a balance between work and relaxation,  so make sure you still make time for yourself. 

Even though there are only a couple of weeks left in the semester it can still  be helpful to make a schedule. This way, your family knows when you are in a Zoom class or when you need to work on homework.

It is going to be easy to be stressed with finals online, but the most important thing is trying your best. That is all you can do. Even if you don’t get the A you were hoping for, remember to be forgiving with yourself.

Take care of yourself and stay safe as some of us start to go home.