University offers weekly updates in response to COVID-19

Rhonda Wheeler, News Editor

The university sent out an email today regarding weekly updates with new information and resources.

Maddie Nolan
All entrances and exits besides University Boulevard are blocked off. Authorized personnel must present their university IDs before entering campus.

Rochon said in the email he is working on new ways to keep in touch with the community, including video messages.

This week’s updates include:

• The campus return date has extended to April 7 in response to Governor Holcomb issuing a stay at home order for the state. This date could change as the university continues to evaluate the situation.
  • Access to the university has been limited to the roundabout on University Boulevard. Other entrances have been barricaded. Authorized personnel must visit a checkpoint on University Boulevard and present their University ID. Public Safety will verify those who have been pre-approved.
  • The Academic Calendar has been revised. The last day to withdraw from a course without evaluation is April 17. Spring Assessment day is canceled and will be an instructional day, as is study day.
  • Priority registration is April 6.
  • All academic support services in Academic Skills will be delivered remotely in online sessions.
  • The Writers’ Room is offering tutoring through an email tutoring service. Students can send papers to [email protected].
  • Commencement is postponed, but the university is looking at a new date. The website states, “the university is committed to finding a time and place for all senior students to have the opportunity to participate in a commencement ceremony.”
  • The university is waiving copay amounts for online health through LiveHealth Online until June 14.
  • Online Learning has created an Instructional Continuity Plan for faculty members.