The Shield

Art exhibit displays scale, human connection to nature and body

Jeana Everhart, Staff Writer

August 22, 2019

The green figure poses at ease inside the white canvas as money bleeds from her wrists onto the canvas’s edge, resting on the floor. Behind her figure, in a cursive font, arches the phrase "Only the wealthy get to stay healthy." Artist Tonja Torgerson said the piece, titled “Cobra,” focuses on the fau...

Evansville Health Center scheduled for May opening

The final completion of the Evansville Health, Science, Education and Research Center is expected in May of 2018. Indiana University will own 60 percent of the building and the University of Evansville and USI will split the remaining 40 percent.

Noah Alatza, Staff Writer

October 4, 2017

As anticipation for the Evansville Health, Science, Education and Research center grows, so do the opportunities. “There are not a lot of places that have done this before,” Dean of the College of Nursing and Health Professions Ann White said. “Three universities coming together, working togethe...

University monitoring DACA decision

University spokesman Ben Luttrull said the university is aware of the program being rescinded and will monitor any decisions related to it.

Noah Alatza, Staff writer

September 14, 2017

The university said they are aware of President Donald Trump’s decision to rescind portions of the Obama-era Deferred Action for Children Arrivals (DACA) program. The statement comes a week after other public universities released statements on the decision. Despite Indiana University Pres...

IU Medical School to break ground Oct. 23

Gabi Wy

September 29, 2015

The groundbreaking for the new Indiana University Medical School Evansville campus is planned for 10 a.m. Oct. 23. Although planners estimate the building to be completed by late 2017, Vice President of Finance and Administration Steve Bridges said students probably won’t be able to study at the n...

Indiana University School of Medicine-Evansville potentially moving from USI campus

Jessie Hellmann

February 27, 2013

Indiana University School of Medicine-Evansville is expanding and possibly leaving the top floor of the Health Professions (HP) building. Due to a shortage in physicians across the country, IU-Evansville, which was originally a two-year school, is expanding its program to four years, building a new...

The Shield Twitter
Loading Recent Classifieds...
University of Southern Indiana's student publication
Indiana University