Grubhub transition troubling students

You can always find students walking into class a few minutes late with Chick-Fil-A bags in hand during the school year. However, Grubhub has disappointed students by removing one of the most popular eating options from the menu, Chick-Fil-A.

“I get off work and don’t have time to wait in the long lines on campus,” Logan Cooley, a senior criminal justice major said. “I used to be able to order ahead but now I don’t have time to eat where I want to”.

Grubhub replaced the classic Tapingo at the beginning of the semester. The new system is designed to be an online and mobile food ordering app that connects to students’ accounts and makes ordering food a quick and easy process.

What they didn’t tell us is that Chick-Fil-A was not the only loss during this transition. The new Grubhub fails to provide delivery on campus for anything except Archie’s Pizzeria. This limits the already sparse variety of foods that are readily available to students, especially after lunch hours.

Complaints of the app crashing and not getting orders have been humming all over campus since the transition. While Tapingo could always be counted on, Grubhub often crashes mid-order. Students already don’t have a lot of time to spend placing orders multiple times. It gets to the point where it’s almost easier to either wait in a long line or just skip a meal.

Most prices are too high for students to order food regularly. Although the price does not differ from the old Tapingo system, it’s disappointing to see that there is still no discount provided for students to have meals on campus without breaking their wallets.

USI students deserve more through the Grubhub transition. 

Students deserve to eat their favorite spicy chicken sandwich without having to wait in a massive line during rush hour. They deserve to have more delivery options when they’re stuck in their apartments and don’t have anything readily available in the fridge. They should not have to reload an app 5 times just to order a 6-inch sub. 

College is already stressful enough. Students shouldn’t have to worry about how they will attain food. 

Grubhub should fix the bugs and add more variety to their menu for a less stressful experience for everyone.