The Shield

Two injured after grease fire in Leslie apartment

Two injured after grease fire in Leslie apartment

Rhonda Wheeler, News Editor

October 26, 2019

A grease fire broke out at the Leslie building apartments Saturday night that led to two people being burned. The Vanderburgh County Sheriff’s Office, Perry Township fire trucks, Public Safety vehicles and ambulances arrived at the apartment building around 6:50 p.m. A firefighter from Perry...

Residents express concern, frustration about mold in campus housing

Residents express concern, frustration about mold in campus housing

Noah Alatza, News Editor

November 13, 2018

Roommates Dorsa Khatibi and India Harris left for a weekend trip to Nashville in October, but when the friends returned home they could not believe their eyes, or noses. The freshman students discovered what they described as mold on vents leading into their bedroom and the surrounding areas in the D...

RA wants more emergency telephone poles, administration says use is rare

Rachel Christian

September 16, 2014

Sara Burge said she and other resident assistants (RA's) don't feel safe in the campus apartments. The senior resident assistant for O'Daniel South said the parking lots are poorly lit and the blue emergency telephone poles are few and far between, so she is trying to change that. Burge approached...

University of Southern Indiana's student publication
campus apartments