The Shield

The Lane building in McDonald East. Students waited outside for over twenty minutes on Sept. 29 for Public Safety after a fire alarm went off.

‘We’re lucky it wasn’t serious’ — Students discover Lane fire alarms not connected to Public Safety

Ian Young, Staff Writer November 3, 2021

A fire alarm was triggered at the Lane apartment building on Sept. 29, 2021. Residents of Lane stood outside for twenty minutes waiting for Public Safety.  Public Safety was not notified of the fire...

Ambulances and Sheriff cars outside Leslie apartment Oct. 26 after a grease fire.

Two injured after grease fire in Leslie apartment

Rhonda Wheeler, News Editor October 26, 2019

A grease fire broke out at the Leslie building apartments Saturday night that led to two people being burned. The Vanderburgh County Sheriff’s Office, Perry Township fire trucks, Public Safety vehicles...

Freshman undecided major Dorsa Khatibi discovers mold on an air vent in her apartment.

Residents express concern, frustration about mold in campus housing

Noah Alatza, News Editor November 13, 2018

Roommates Dorsa Khatibi and India Harris left for a weekend trip to Nashville in October, but when the friends returned home they could not believe their eyes, or noses. The freshman students discovered...

RA wants more emergency telephone poles, administration says use is rare

Rachel Christian September 16, 2014

Sara Burge said she and other resident assistants (RA's) don't feel safe in the campus apartments. The senior resident assistant for O'Daniel South said the parking lots are poorly lit and the blue...

Load More Stories
Activate Search
campus apartments