University announces enrollment management changes

Riley Guerzini, Editor-in-Chief

The university released details on the new structure of enrollment management Tuesday morning following the resignation of Andy Wright, former vice president for enrollment management.

President Ron Rochon appointed Rashad Smith, director of admissions, with the new title of executive director for enrollment according to a statement from the university. Smith will report directly to the president.

The new position will be supported by a nine-member senior committee composed of all four vice presidents, provost, director of graduate admissions and chief legal affairs, data and information officers.

Registrar Sandy Frank will report to Shelly Blunt, associate provost for academic affairs, under the new structure. Student Financial Assistance will be integrated with enrollment management and Mary Harper, director of student financial assistance, will report to Smith.

University Division, which includes all academic advising centers, will be responsible for retention efforts moving forward. Brody Broshears, assistant vice president for academic success, will report to Provost Mohammed Khayum.

“We look forward to a rapid transition and necessary focus on the important work to be done,” Rochon said in the statement.