SpringFest returns with free food, events, live music

SpringFest 2024 is scheduled to take place from April 17-19 on campus. The three-day event will provide students with free food, events and a concert.
Graphic by Ian Young

SpringFest returns next week with free food, events and a concert. The three-day event is scheduled to run April 17-19.

SpringFest is an annual campus event dedicated to celebrating the spring season as well as campus spirit. The Activities Programming Board plans the event and is advised by the Center for Campus Life.

Each event hosted by the Center for Campus Life will feature SpringFest-themed T-shirts. To receive a T-shirt, students must present their student IDs and request their desired size. T-shirts are limited to one per student and will only be available while supplies last.

The full list of events includes:

SpringFest Field Day – April 17

From 3-6 p.m. on The Quad, this event will feature a mechanical bull, mini golf, yard games, a free airbrushed license plate or hat and a cash cube that will give students the opportunity to win prizes. The prizes include candy, fidget toys, slimes and Squishmallows.

Pott College Student Advisory Board Carnival – April 18

Hosted by the Pott College Student Advisory Board from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. on The Quad, this event will feature carnival food, lawn games and various student organizations from the Pott College that will be tabling with interactive activities.

DIY Flower Bouquets with APB – April 18

Hosted by the Activities Planning Board from 5-7 p.m. in the Fireside Lounge, this event will allow students to create and take home flower banquets.

This poll has ended.

Are you excited for SpringFest?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Silent Disco – April 18

From 8-11 p.m. in the Griffin Center across from Reflection Lake, this event is a silent disco, an event where the music is listened to on wireless headphones. The event will include refreshments and snacks.

AsianFest – April 19

Hosted by the Asian Student Union, the South Asian Student Association, the Japanese Club and the K-Pop Dance Club from 2-5 p.m. in Rice Plaza, this event will celebrate Asian, Pacific Islander and Desi-American month. AsianFest will feature performances, free food, crafts, giveaways and Holi.

SpringFest Concert – April 19

Hosted by the Center for Campus Life in the Screaming Eagles Arena, doors will open at 6 p.m., the opener will begin at 7 p.m., and the headliner will begin at 8 p.m. The concert will only be open to students and will serve water and sodas.

Photo courtesy of Center for Campus Life
2024 SpringFest concert will feature two performances, opening with alternative rapper Kuf Knotz and classically trained harpist, pianist and vocalist Christine Elise and closing with headliner, pop-rap artist Paul Russell.

The concert will feature two performances, opening with alternative rapper Kuf Knotz and classically trained harpist, pianist and vocalist Christine Elise and closing with headliner pop-rap artist Paul Russell.

Students have the opportunity to meet the performing artists at a meet-and-greet by following Center for Campus Life’s social media and liking, sharing and commenting on the post for the drawing. They will draw winners at noon April 18.

Ian Young
Ian Young, Staff Writer
Ian Young, sophomore journalism major, was a Staff Writer for the 2022-2023 academic year. Young joined The Shield in Fall 2021.  Young enjoys listening to music, playing video games and making his colleagues laugh. Young’s favorite show is “Breaking Bad” because of the writing, cinematography and the memes made from it.  “The Shield is one of the best organizations on campus to work as it allows me to express my voice and the voice of the USI community,” Young said. “This is paired with the incredible people who work here who apply themselves to their work and make this organization a fun and safe place to work and have fun.”