USI hires former Harvard University assistant coach as women’s volleyball head coach

Courtesy of Nathanial Barbee | University Athletics

University of Southern Indiana hires Jeffrey Aucoin as the new women’s volleyball head coach Monday effective immediately.

Eric Reynolds, Sports Writer

University of Southern Indiana hired Jeffrey Aucoin as the new women’s volleyball head coach Monday effective immediately. Aucoin worked for Harvard University as their volleyball recruiting coordinator and assistant coach for 10 years.

In USI’s athletic announcement Monday, Jon Mark Hall, athletic director, said, “We are truly excited to have Jeff on board and part of our USI community.”

Aucoin helped lead Harvard University’s women’s volleyball program to two Ivy League titles and the team’s first NCAA tournament appearance. Havard’s volleyball team achieved 25 All-League selections and two Ivy League Rookie of the Year athletes. As Havard’s recruiting coordinator, Aucoin was able to earn a top-40 recruiting class.

“It is an honor to lead this program at a critical time in the program’s history,” Aucoin said. ”From the moment I stepped on campus, I could feel the pride and authenticity of the USI family.”

USI’s women’s volleyball is coming off its first DI season where they went 1-28 overall and 1-17 in Ohio Valley Conference play. They failed to qualify for the OVC tournament.

“This is a critical time for all of our programs as we continue through our transition in Division I, and we are excited that Jeff will be here to lead our volleyball students through this transition,” Hall said.

“It is an honor to lead this program at a critical time in the program’s history. From the moment I stepped on campus, I could feel the pride and authenticity of the USI family.”

— Jeffrey Aucoin

The 2023 volleyball season will be Aucoin’s first with USI. The volleyball schedule for next season has not yet been released.

Aucoin said, “I cannot wait to work with the team, engage with the alumni, and immerse our family in the USI and Evansville communities.”