Eagle Perks: Discounted activities for USI students

Graphic by Wrigley Barcelli
Eagle Perks at USI offer free local activities for students.

Feel like you need a break from your everyday tasks or want to do something fun with your friends? Check out the Eagle Perks offered at USI.

Eagle Perks at USI offer free or discounted opportunities for local events. Eagle Perks can be picked up at the front desk of the Recreation, Fitness and Wellness Center as long as you show a valid campus ID. Each month, Eagle Perks provide a different activity in the Evansville area free to students. 

However, there is a limit of one Eagle Perk per student and once at a specific activity location. The Eagle Perk can only be used if you have your Eagle Access Card with you. Each Eagle Perk is only good for a designated period of time and available to those who have paid the current semester’s activity fee. 

Here is the full list of Eagle Perks currently available:

In September, the Eagle Perk offers unlimited minigolf and one round of laser tag at Walther’s Golf & Fun. Walther’s Golf & Fun has minigolf, laser tag and an arcade. It has two minigolf courses, one indoor and one outdoor.

For October, it’s admittance to Mayse Farm Market and The Olde Courthouse Catacombs/The House of Lecter. Mayse Farm Market is a farmers market, bakery and tourist attraction that provides a five-acre corn maze, pumpkin picking and barnyard activities. They are located at 6400 N St Joseph Ave.

The front desk of the Recreation, Fitness and Wellness Center is where students can obtain Eagle Perks with a valid campus ID. (Photo by Abigail Durham)

The Olde Courthouse Catacombs/The House of Lecter are haunted houses located two blocks apart from each other. Both locations are located at 201 NW 4th St Suite 104.

For November, it’s Franklin Lanes. Franklin Lanes is a bowling alley and restaurant located at 1801 W Franklin St.

Eagle Perks also provide all-year activities. These include free admission to the Evansville Museum and Mesker Park Zoo.

Campus also provides multiple student discounts across the Evansville area. To apply for these discounts, all you have to do is show these businesses your campus ID. Some discounts include:

An Eagle Perk authentication card. Eagle Perks on campus offer free or discounted opportunities for local events and businesses. (Photo by Abigail Durham)

Azzip Pizza – $1 off a fountain drink

Buffalo Wild Wings (West Side Location) – 10% discount

Burger King (all local locations) – 10% off purchase

Culvers – 10% off meal

Eyemart – 10% off our already guaranteed low price on eyewear purchases

Franklin Lanes – $3 game during open bowl

Ghost Quesadilla (Pearl Drive) – 15% off all food

An Eagle Perk authentication card for Walther’s Golf & Fun. The Eagle Perk for September is unlimited minigolf and one round of laser tag for Walther’s Golf & Fun. (Photo by Abigail Durham)

Los Bravos – 10% discount with a valid ID

Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt – Two free ounces of frozen yogurt

Panera Bread (Pearl Drive) – 15% discount with ID for drive-thru, inside dining or to-go (Discount not available when using Rapid Pick-Up, Curbside, or call-in orders)

Papa John’s Pizza – Campus special 1: Large 1 – topping pizza for $7.99. Campus Special 2: Large 1-topping pizza and 1 order of breadsticks for $9.99

Raben Tire – $30 off any set of four tires (cannot be combined with other coupons/offers), $10 off preventative services, $8 off shocks/struts (each), $5 off alignment and $2 off oil change

Southwest Grafix and Apparel – 15% off in-stock retail items

There are more discounts available for students on the USI website. For the full list, click here.

About the Contributor
Abigail Durham
Abigail Durham, Staff Writer
Abigail Durham, freshman undecided, was a Staff Writer for the 2022-2023 academic year. Durham joined The Shield in October 2022.  Durham was involved in the Dance Team on campus. Durham enjoys listening to music, watching TV and hanging out with friends. Durham likes sitcoms, romantic comedies, comedies. Her favorites are “La La Land,” “10 Things I Hate About You,” “Knives Out,” “The Greatest Showman,” “Friends,” “That 70’s Show,” “New Girl,” “Gilmore Girls,” “The Good Place” and “Jane the Virgin.”  “I like working for The Shield because I like contributing to coming up with ideas for content with teams and being able to know about and have an opinion on many aspects about campus,” Durham said.