Super hero series on success, failure

Wikimedia Commons

With Marvel and DC movies coming out left and right these days, it’s easy to miss other great superhero franchises. One of these is the “My Hero Academia” anime, or “Boku no Hero Academia” in Japanese.

The story follows a junior high boy named Izuku “Deku” Midoriya, who was born without powers n a world where having powers, or “Quirks” is the norm.

Desperately wanting to become a hero, Deku suddenly finds himself being apprenticed by the greatest superhero of all time, who shares his powers with Deku and enrolls him in a high school for heroes in training.

But being a student at U.A. High School won’t be easy with every student striving to be the best, and Deku still has much to learn in order to hone his newfound super abilities.

“My Hero Academia” is very entertaining to watch and very easy to get lost in marathoning. Once you start watching it, it’s hard to refrain from clicking to the next episode.

What makes the story most riveting is its cast of characters. The main cast includes Deku and his fellow classmates as they strive to become heroes, as well as some of their teachers and other professional superheroes.

Throughout each episode, something new about the characters are revealed. You learn about the reasons why they strive to become heroes and what strengthens or weakens them. It isn’t just empty, showy fights and battles. Each fight the students go through is important and helps them grow in some way.

Deku is a very interesting protagonist to follow. His devotion of becoming a hero is so inspiring and touching, especially when he aspires to throw himself into dangerous situations to help others even before he gets his powers. He is so driven and maintains great care for others despite the fact that he basically rivals with his classmates.

It’s interesting to watch how he conjures up strategies in high-stakes situations when he becomes physically affected by his powers.

Another interesting aspect of the show is seeing the limits each character has with their own individual powers. It shows that they are human and that there are stakes and limits, which are crucial in stories and make them worthwhile.

The music and artwork of the show are very unique and original as well. With anime, sometimes particular art-styles can seem repetitive or very similar to others, but the animation of “My Hero Academia” is pretty distinctive and pleasant to look at. It also goes very well with the themes and atmosphere of the show, suiting the superhero genre and silly and competitive plots.

If you’re a fan of the superhero genre or perhaps just anime, “My Hero Academia” is a very entertaining show to invest your time in. Even if one isn’t particularly into anime, “My Hero Academia” could be a good start.

It exhibits the lessons of failures and successes and the motivation to achieve dreams. Marvel and DC superheroes are fun to watch, but other hero genre shows like “My Hero Academia” are great to watch as well.