President to answer campus community’s questions

Luke Williams, a senior biology major, asks Linda Bennett about her take on advertisement on campus at the annual breakfast March 27, in Carter Hall.

Nathan Criss said he is always interested in hearing about the state of the university from President Linda Bennett.

“She is always busy, and there isn’t really a setting where you can ask those big questions,” he said. “It’s just a great opportunity to talk to Dr. Bennett and establish more of a personal connection with her.”

The Student Alumni Association will sponsor the 28th annual Breakfast with the President beginning at 8 a.m. March 29.

Criss, the president of the SAA, says the question and answer session with the president will begin approximately 15 minutes into the event. Questions are open to all attendees. This includes students, faculty, staff and alumni.

“The whole event is actually pretty formal,” Criss said. “People will be dressed in formal attire. The only informal part is the Q&A session.”

The event is free to students, and they can pick up tickets in the Alumni Office. Breakfast is $7 for faculty, staff and alumni, and they can register online on the alumni association’s website.

“I think that it is important to attend this event so that students, faculty, staff and alumni can get their questions answered,” organizer of the event Hope Barthel said. “It provides an opportunity for Dr. Bennett to know the concerns of individuals campus wide.”

Proceeds from the event will go to help pay for event costs. Barthel said other top university officials will be at the event to answer any questions.

“In the past the administrative team has taken notes on the questions that are asked, and they see what they can do to make things better,” she said. “There used to be a panel of people from the president’s council that were available to answer questions that Dr. Bennett may be unsure of.”