International club to host murder mystery night

After becoming close friends with an international student from Nepal, Cailan Walters found her place in the international club.

Now the junior social work major has been in the club for four years and has become the group’s social coordinator.

“International students have been some of my closest friends,” Walters said.

As social coordinator she helps plan events like the club’s International Horror Story which is set to take place in Oct. 28 in Carter Hall.

The event will be a murder mystery show based upon the asylum season of American Horror Story.

“(International club officers) are playing patients in a psych ward,” Walters said. “Some are doctors and psychiatrists.”

One person will “die” during the event and attendees will have to figure out who the killer was. There will be cards given out with information regarding all of the characters and notes can be taken throughout the event to help people make their decision.

If the card lists the right name for the killer the card will be entered into a drawing for a $100 gift card.

Walters said in the past she feels the events hosted by international club have been successful and that’s important for people to understand what international club is.

“I think it’s cool when we have events like this,” Walters said. “It’s just good that people are able to see that they can be a part of this club too. It’s not just international students.”

Walters said the club does have more international students than American students but that’s part of why they want to encourage more students to join.