Rozewski to leave USI, return to east coast roots

Bobby Shipman

Rozewski

Rozewski

Updated at 12:05 p.m. Saturday

Mark Rozewski is leaving the university in February after a decade as USI’s vice president for finance and administration.

Rozewski has accepted a position as executive vice president at Southern Connecticut State University.

Prior to working at USI, Rozewski was the associate provost for Finance and Administration at Rutgers University in Camden, New Jersey, where he is originally from.

Much of Rozewski’s family lives in New Jersey, he said.

“Ten years is a really good run in this business. There’s family considerations and I know I can make  a contribution at Southern Connecticut,” Rozewski said.

USI President Linda Bennet said she understands what a great opportunity this switch is for Rozewski, but that he will be missed.

“Mark has brought a great sensibility in terms of physical space and what it should look like to us over the past decade,” Bennet said. “It’s been wonderful to work with him.”

Bennett said the university is looking at what they will do in the transitional period.

Rozewski will remain in his position at USI until early February.

“We will build a search process. It will kick off very quickly after the first of the year,” Bennett said. “We’ll try to move relatively quickly to find a new replacement.”

Bennett said she hopes to have the post filled by April.

“My favorite part about working at USI is the warmth and collegiality of everyone who is here,” Rozewski said. “There is absolutely a sense of shear values and direction that had stood the test of time and has stood some real adversity.”

Rozewski said USI is one of the best examples of what Hoosiers can do when they put their minds to it.

1 Comment

One Response to “Rozewski to leave USI, return to east coast roots”

1. Bruce Griffin on December 20th, 2014 4:16 pm

USI needs to get back to hiring Indiana natives in moving this great university forward. Better yet, find local candidates to fill this position.
    We need powerful advocates to secure proper funding for USI from a state legislature that barely acknowledges the schools’ existence.
    USI needs real leadership to replace the current president if the intention is to reverse an alarming downward trend in all areas of academic endeavor.
    More money for the next major classroom project is way past due. Replacing that glorified bomb shelter between the library and the business school should be the main focus. It’s disheartening to see this decline take place over the past 4 years.

Bruce Griffin
    Phoenix, Az